CANDLE CARE & SAFETY
- Trim wick to 1/4 inch before lighting, & trim it again each time before the next burn. This will help keep the flame from getting too large.
- Burn your candle long enough to create an even "wax pool" across the diameter of your candle. Doing this will keep your candle from "tunneling" and creating a build-up of wasted precious wax around the sides
- Don't place a burning candle near clothing, papers, curtains, decorations or anything flammable. And keep out of reach of children (both human and four-legged varieties!)
- Place lit candles on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax, & keep them away from any drafty areas or fans.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish any & all candles when you leave a room or before going to bed. Alas, a burning candle should not be used as a "nightlight" (as much as we wish it could be!).
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down till it extinguishes on itself. For a margin of safety, stop burning a candle when 1/4" of wax remains on the bottom.
- Try to only burn candles for four hours at a time. This helps keep the fragrance fresh for each burn.
You can reuse all of our jars and tins once you've finished enjoying your candle. Simply pop the container into the freezer for 45 minutes, & any remaining wax will pop out pretty easily.
Our glass jars and metal tins can also be reused as holders for makeup brushes, desk catchalls, and showcasing some of your favorite crystals or gems.
You can also reuse the cotton muslin bags that come with each of jar candles. The possibilities are endless, but our favorite way to repurpose them is by caring jewelry & toiletries while traveling.